The Trades Sector is made up of a wide range of skilled professionals, from electricians and plumbers to construction workers and carpenters. Of these skilled workers, there are six occupations that stand out as the most common roles in the trades sector. Let’s take a closer look at these:
1. Solar Photovoltaic Installer: Solar photovoltaic installers are responsible for the installation and maintenance of photovoltaic systems. The best way to get started are solar battery storage courses.
2. Plumber: Plumbers are responsible for installing and maintaining pipes, fittings, and fixtures in homes and businesses. They also diagnose plumbing problems and make repairs.
3. Electrician: Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical power, communications, lighting, and control systems in both homes and businesses. Being an electrician, you need to have a good knowledge of electrical theory and be comfortable working in hazardous conditions.
4. Carpenter: Carpenters build, install, and repair structures, typically using wood materials. They may also be responsible for making home improvements and repairs. Major benefits of being a carpenter include the ability to work outdoors and the satisfaction of creating things with your own hands.
5. Welder: Welders join metal parts together using various welding techniques, such as arc welding and oxy-fuel welding. To become a welder, you’ll need to pass a welding certification.
6. Construction Worker: Construction workers, like home builders in Townsville, are involved in all aspects of a construction project, from laying the foundation and erecting walls to putting up ceilings and installing fixtures. To start in the trade, you’ll need a few years of experience or an apprenticeship.
These are just some of the top occupations in the trades sector. Whether you’re interested in becoming a solar photovoltaic installer, a plumber, or an electrician, there’s a job for you. So don’t wait any longer: get the skills and qualifications you need to join this dynamic industry today.
Lynn Martelli is an editor at Readability. She received her MFA in Creative Writing from Antioch University and has worked as an editor for over 10 years. Lynn has edited a wide variety of books, including fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, and more. In her free time, Lynn enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her family and friends.