Physiotherapy is an alternative form of treatment popular for restoring normal function and movement of the body when an individual is affected by an illness, injury, or other chronic health conditions. Physio can be classified into several types depending on the treatment, and most patients undergo at least two combinations of physiotherapies. It is a non-invasive form of treatment that helps treat numerous injuries and health conditions that hamper a person’s mobility. In this read, we are going to look at the benefits of physiotherapy and look at some of the comprehensive treatments you can expect in North Dublin from physio clinics such as physiohub.ie.
What are the Benefits of Physiotherapy?
It Alleviates Pain
Pain can be an annoyance or a hindrance to the overall quality of life, and it is not always possible to relieve it with medication alone. While medication can provide instant relief, it does not provide a long-term solution for chronic conditions. Instead, physiotherapy offers a meaningful pain management solution that can enhance your life and prevent further damage to your body.
It Improves Balance
Balance problems are common, particularly among the elderly. These can be caused by muscle weakness, joint stiffness, inner ear issues, medical diseases, spinal injury, vision impairment, and disability. Physiotherapy is a proven treatment method for balance problems.
A physiotherapist will work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan to correct your imbalance. Physiotherapy will improve your balance by targeting the specific causes of your problem. This way, you will have better results from treatment.
Physiotherapy exercises focus on challenging your body to hold more difficult postures. The equipment used in these exercises is called wobble boards. Some exercises also use cushions to reduce the body’s awareness. Most people who engage in these exercises notice improvements in their posture, agility, and reaction time. It’s a great way to improve your balance and get the body in good shape at the same time.
It Improves Body Strength & Mobility
Exercise is a vital element in physiotherapy. In fact, this form of treatment is rooted in the concept that movement helps heal the body and boost overall health. Physio, as part of your treatment plan, includes flexibility and strengthening exercises tailored to you and your condition. As a result, you enjoy increased strength and mobility.
Helps Prevent Surgery
While your condition may require surgery, sometimes it’s advisable to take a more conservative route, i.e physiotherapy. While it may not be as quick as surgery, it might improve your condition to a point where the surgical procedure is unnecessary. In some cases, however, you may require both treatments for complete recovery.
Experiencing a stroke usually means you have some level of muscle weakness or paralysis. The role of physiotherapy is to improve strength and allow you to function as close to normal as possible.
Types of Physiotherapy Services in North Dublin
Physiotherapy services in North Dublin are designed to cater to the specific needs of patients with different conditions. We have seasoned physiotherapists offering comprehensive services that go beyond traditional exercises and stretches. Some of the common types of physiotherapy treatment include:
- Manual Therapy– This form of physiotherapy involves hands-on techniques aimed to treat musculoskeletal problems like joint pain, muscle strains, and sprains. Manual therapy can include joint mobilization, soft-tissue massage and manipulation.
- Exercise Therapy– As the term implies, exercise therapy employs exercise to alleviate pain, promote healing and boost overall physical function. It can include balance exercises, stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Electrotherapy– This is a type of physiotherapy that employs electrical currents in order to promote healing. It can include interferential current therapy and ultrasound, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS).
- Chronic Pain Management– In this form of physiotherapy, the specialist focuses on treating chronic conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia and chronic back pain. The physiotherapist will often use a combination of exercise therapy, manual therapy and other techniques to provide the desired results.
- Neurological Physiotherapy– This focuses on treating patients with neurological conditions like multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and stroke. The practitioner uses specialized tools and techniques to help patients regain their mobility and independence.
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation– This is a specialized type of physiotherapy that focuses on treating sports-related injuries. The physiotherapist diagnoses the injury and designs a treatment and rehabilitation program that is tailored to the patient’s specific needs. The program can include a combination of manual therapy, exercise therapy, electrotherapy, etc.
- Pediatric Physiotherapy– This one is used to treat children with musculoskeletal issues, neurological conditions and developmental delays. Professionals in this field are trained to assess and treat children using a variety of techniques including exercise therapy and play therapy.
Physiotherapy is a vital field that can help improve the quality of your life. The professional services offered in North Dublin are comprehensive in nature and are designed to cater to your specific needs Whether it is manual therapy, exercise therapy, electrotherapy, sports injury rehabilitation, neurological physiotherapy, chronic pain management, or pediatric physiotherapy you can be certain that you’ll benefit from the expertise and experience of qualified physiotherapists in this region.
Lynn Martelli is an editor at Readability. She received her MFA in Creative Writing from Antioch University and has worked as an editor for over 10 years. Lynn has edited a wide variety of books, including fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, and more. In her free time, Lynn enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her family and friends.