Creating a website requires advanced technical skills – or that’s what most people are led to believe. However, we’re here to tell you that that’s not the case at all.
Namely, with the advancement of technology, building a website has never been easier. Now, there are hundreds of platforms that can help you create a website in a few simple steps without needing to know how to code or develop websites. And those platforms are called website builders.
Choosing the right website builder for your website can be a crucial decision that dictates how your website will turn out. And that’s why we’ll tell you how to choose the best website builder for your site.
Even though all website builders have the same goal – helping you create a website- they all differ in many ways. Take WordPress.com and WordPress.org, for example. Even though they work with the same CMS, they are quite different. If you’re curious to find out precisely how they differ, you can find out by checking out this “WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org” article.
Now, let’s get into how you should go about choosing the best website builder for your site. But before we do, we’ll tell you more about website builders so that you can get a full image of how they can help you.
What Is a Website Builder?
A website builder is a tool that many companies offer and that you can use to create a website without writing a single line of code. It is an excellent way for those who don’t know how to code to create a website without having to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on hiring professional web designers. You can learn more about how a website builder platform works before deciding if you will use one to create a website.
You can get website-building services in two ways – from a web hosting provider that also offers a website builder as a part of its web hosting plans or from a website-building platform that solely focuses on providing website-building services.
Both are good options, so the option you choose solely depends on you and your needs. For instance, if you don’t mind getting web hosting and other similar services from a separate provider, then you can go for a website-building platform. However, if you want to get everything in one place, then you can go with a web hosting platform that offers website-building services in their hosting plans.
How to Choose the Best Website Builder?
Now that you know what a website builder is, let’s explore tips on choosing the best option that fits your needs. When choosing, you’ll need to consider the following:
- Your budget – since there are many website-building platforms out there, you can find both cheap and expensive ones. And if you don’t want to get carried away and spend an unnecessary amount on your website builder, you’ll need to determine a budget that works for you. You can find a website builder for anywhere between $5 and $40 a month, so you’ll definitely find one that suits your budget.
- Make a list of what you need – to choose a suitable website-building platform, you’ll need to know what you want to have on your website. So, you’ll need to make a list of features you need by asking yourself the following questions:
- “Do you need a lot of freedom and flexibility,”
- o “Do you want to have an online store on your website,”
- “What type of content do you want to include – photos, articles, videos, etc.,”
- “Do you need a more beginner-friendly website builder, or are you comfortable with something a little more advanced,” and other similar questions.
- Themes – if you want to create a unique website, you need to ensure that the website builder you choose offers a wide range of themes. Also, ensure that the builder offers themes for different industries or at least offers teams for your business.
- SEO features – optimizing your site for SEO will help it rank higher on search engines and make it easier to find. So, make sure that you find a website builder that offers SEO tools and tips.
- Reliable customer support – lastly, look for a website builder with 24/7 customer support, so you can contact it whenever you need it. By having such a website builder, you’ll solve any issues you have much easier and faster.
If you stick to all the tips we mentioned above, you will inevitably find a reliable website builder that offers everything you need to create the website of your dreams. Also, the whole search process will be much easier for you now that you know what to search for.
And if you decide to use WordPress as your website builder, you can take advantage of the thousands of WordPress plugins it offers. They can help you add functionality to your site and make it more unique.
Lynn Martelli is an editor at Readability. She received her MFA in Creative Writing from Antioch University and has worked as an editor for over 10 years. Lynn has edited a wide variety of books, including fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, and more. In her free time, Lynn enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her family and friends.